Author Topic: How does he grow at all?  (Read 3504 times)

Hannah High

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
How does he grow at all?
« on: November 11, 2013, 02:31:21 PM »
Haven't been on this forum in ages. It's been fun catching up on the posts. Anyway, Peter Pan/Barrie, who has had a huge influence throughout my childhood/teens, is always creeping back into my adulthood with so many of my students wondering what happens after the night lights are lit, and who left 'mini-graves' with a single initial all about the cemetery. So the stories and adventures go on. But a question has kept popping up. Not by the kids, but eavesdropping grownups during story time:

If he runs away the day he's born, then how is he a boy when he meets Wendy?

My answer is that he run away to the Gardens for awhile and anyone can age there. Flying off to Neverland came later before he lost any of his first teeth and when he was "just Wendy's size" and thus stayed that age.

But I've actually heard other answers, and am curious in what you all have to say, probably better than my explanation.

TheWendybird

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Girl Who Waited
Re: How does he grow at all?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 08:27:18 PM »
I've kind of thought he visited outside neverland so many times as well that he does age just slightly just much slower because of his bouts outside of neverland. A couple hours here and there you know?

AlexanderDavid

Re: How does he grow at all?
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 01:32:07 AM »
Read Peter Pan: Betwixt-&-Between by Peter Von Brown for the answer.