Author Topic: What Exactly Was Dark And Morbid About Rupert Buxton ?  (Read 8102 times)

Larry R

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
What Exactly Was Dark And Morbid About Rupert Buxton ?
« on: August 21, 2016, 08:25:08 PM »
                                                             I've been trying to find specific details and really seen to find an answer.

Dani1923

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Re: What Exactly Was Dark And Morbid About Rupert Buxton ?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 05:16:11 PM »
I'm not sure there was anything dark and morbid about him! I doubt Michael would be very close to someone of that description!

Larry R

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 02:55:04 PM »

Was it only Robert Boothby who made those comments about Buxton ? If there was any truth in those claims, the death of two brothers and his father within three years would offer a logical explanation.

Nicholas

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2016, 02:59:57 PM »
I gave as many details as are available as to why Boothby had such a bad opinion of Rupert in Et in Arcadia which you will find on the database.  It is reasonable to think that Rupert had a very low opinion of Boothby but as he left no record of his feelings we may only suppose what they were. 

On a brighter note, I was intrigued to discover that in the months before he died Rupert was involved in film production as an actor and investor but could not find the film or films in which he he was involved or even the name of the production company.  I like to think that JMB suggested this venture to Rupert at one of their dinners together - but this is yet more supposition.  I have tried the BFI and IMDB but with no luck.  Does anyone have suggestions?

Larry R

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2016, 04:33:23 PM »

Thanks Nicholas. I've been savoring your article and it certainly has been informative.

andrew

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2016, 02:17:18 PM »
Boothby was the only person I met who described Buxton as being "morbid" and "saturnine" ... I can't believe that he totally invented that view, but then again maybe he was jealous at the time, and his memory of Buxton simply darkened over the years until he became the villain of the piece. In other words I don't think Boothby was consciously lying; he was speaking His truth, which was not necessarily The truth...

Larry R

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2016, 04:09:11 PM »

No doubt the deaths of 3 members of his immediate family in 3 years produced some somber periods for him.

Winklejon

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2017, 06:41:15 AM »

No doubt these best online bingo sites are awesome and his immediate family in 3 years produced some somber periods for him.

Yeah, that's pretty dark for anybody.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 10:12:10 AM by Winklejon »

Larry R

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2017, 08:56:07 PM »

No doubt there family tragedies helped cement the bond between them.

LucasCosby

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Phentermine over the counter
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2018, 07:28:50 AM »

No doubt there are and family tragedies helped get best fat burner cement the bond between them.

Tragedies always tend to recreate the bond between people. I have just gone through a phase where I found myself alone and a tragedy in my family brought all those people close whom I once cherished in my life and wanted them again.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 06:52:11 PM by LucasCosby »

MichaelHobbs

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • D bal Max
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2019, 04:50:39 PM »

No doubt about vigrx plus https://alvenda.com/vigrx-plus-reviews/ best male enhancement there family tragedies helped cement the bond between them.

Tragedies always tend to recreate the bond between people. I have just gone through a phase where I found myself alone and a tragedy in my family brought all those people close whom I once cherished in my life and wanted them again.

Sorry I'm late for a reply because I've just joined. May God give you strength. I'm also going through a phase where I find myself totally alone. Hoping for a miracle. :)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 08:52:00 AM by MichaelHobbs »

Verrence

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2020, 06:50:59 AM »

No doubt there family tragedies helped get results with v tight gel cement the bond between them.

Sorry I'm late for a reply because I've just joined. May God give you strength. I'm also going through a phase where I find myself totally alone. Hoping for a miracle.

andrew

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2020, 08:17:34 PM »
Nothing, so far as anyone other than Boothby has ever alleged, and Nico was of the opinion that Boothby may well have been motivated by jealousy.