Author Topic: Furniture from Barrie's Adelphi flat  (Read 65 times)

Shhharpe

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Furniture from Barrie's Adelphi flat
« on: November 19, 2016, 12:09:41 PM »
I have Barrie's brown leather armchair from his Adelphi flat. It was acquired by my father at the point the Health Department took over the property. I was wondering if you or anyone else might have ideas on where this important item should be best placed. It strikes me as a shame that only I get to enjoy it.

Brutus

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Re: Furniture from Barrie's Adelphi flat
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 12:43:14 PM »
What a wonderful thing to have! I would have thought either the National Trust of Scotland for their Barrie's Birthplace in  Kirriemuir or perhaps the Moat Brae Trust in Dumfries would be interested?

Valentina Bold

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 12:47:48 PM »
Dear Shhharpe,

As I'm new to the forum--just wondering: did you find a home for the armchair? The contact details for Moat Brae in Dumfries (coincidentally I'm in the office right now, as I read this) are at http://www.peterpanmoatbrae.org/contact/

Interested to find out more about this.

With all best wishes,

Valentina Bold

Shhharpe

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 06:02:11 PM »
Valentina,

Many apologies for my failure to respond to your message way back in January! I only just came upon it today along with the kind advice from 'Brutus'.

I am still keen to pass the lovely chair to a more worthy and perhaps more public owner. I was toying with the idea of popping it on eBay in the hope that a Barrie enthusiast might want it but as you and Brutus have both suggested the Scottish link/s, I feel I should follow those leads first - to keep it in the family, as it were.

Thank you so very much for responding to my post and apologies again for my failure to return to find your reply.

I will let you know what happens.

Kindest regards,
Caroline

Brutus

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 08:24:47 AM »
It would be great if the chair could be acquired by a museum so that it could be enjoyed by the general public. Good luck with that and do keep us updated!