Author Topic: Michael’s Death  (Read 2658 times)

MichaelDavid

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Michael’s Death
« on: April 02, 2018, 01:28:02 AM »
Consider this before you jump.  Consider Edwardian England.    Rupert was moody.  Perhaps not dark, but moody.  Rupert was in love with love.  I firmly believe that Rupert was infatuated with Michael.  Were Rupert and Michael lovers?  I think in Rupert’s mind yes.  I don’t feel Michael wanted to make a commitment like Rupert pushed for. Loving and being in love are not the same.  Casual sex and lovers are not the same.

On that day, it is possible that Rupert was leaning towards a lovers forever bonded in death idea.  Poetic and even romantic in his mind.  It is possible that he held Michael down under the water and then took his own life. Thus explaining why the two bodies were clutched together.  Explaining many things.

There is no proof.  Suicide is a possibility, but it doesn’t fit Michael’s pattern.  Accident is a possibility, but again it doesn’t ring true. Too many questions left unasked.  I think it was easier then to accept one of these theories than to consider the dishonour of Rupert taking both of their lives for love.

Dandy Lion

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Re: Michael’s Death
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 11:46:35 AM »
It's really strange, but just a few days ago I was thinking exactly the same thing. It can never be proven though unless something turns up in the form of letters/diary/journal etc etc. I hope it was just an accident...there seem to have been plenty of those over the years in Sandford Pool (I wonder how many of those were thought to be anything other than accidents?).

SH

MichaelDavid

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 02:21:56 AM »
Thanks for responding.  The more I study Michael, the less suicide becomes probable .  Accident seems like it was accepted because it was the best for everyone.  Had it been suggested then that Rupert killed them both in an act of love, too many lives would have been damaged.  At the time, so many questioned the accident theory. I think Barrie suspected that same as I do.

MichaelDavid

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2018, 03:19:26 PM »
In researching Rupert, I came across an accident he had been involved in a few years prior to 1921.  A piece of wood entered his forehead. No report on the extent of the damage, but it doesn’t sound like a splinter. This area of the brain is the frontal lobe, which controls judgement. It can take years to see the full effect of brain damage.  This causes me to strongly question the May 19th “accident” and Rupert’s involvement.   The investigation was so slight and rushed. There is more here than what was published.