New members introduction area > New to JMBarrie.co.uk?

Hello ... and a question about JM Barrie's ancestors

(1/1)

windara:
Hi

I was thrilled to find this new forum. Like many people, I am trying to find whether there any links between JM Barrie and my family. I have some research on my family tree that goes back to the early 1700s, but with so many similar names the task of finding a correlation is somewhat complicated, to say the least.

Can someone please confirm whether the following information about Barries in Kirriemuir is accurate and/or where the anomalies lie in my research:

JM Barrie's Grandfather: Alexander (b around 1783/6) - did he marry May/Mary, Marjory, Margret or Catherine?
Grandfather's siblings: James, George, Andrew, William? Anyone else?
Sibling marriages (if the siblings list is accurate):
- did James marry Jean Bryson or Secilia?
- did George marry Catherine Richardson?
- did Andrew marry Elspet?
- did William marry Mary or Margaret?

Other connections: Was there a connection to a David (1787) and Jane (1787)?

Any suggestions/comments will be very much appreciated.

Cheers and many thanks

Brutus:
Hello, and welcome to the forum. I'm one of the moderators on the site but am afraid you wouldn't find much information about JMB's ancestry here, as it mainly concerns his works and his relationship with the Llewelyn Davies. You might be more successful if you contacted the Kirriemuir Heritage Trust (or even the Moat Brae Trust) as they might have more information and contacts about the family, and point you in the right direction.

http://www.kirriemuirheritage.org.uk
http://www.peterpanmoatbrae.org

Over the years, there have been other people researching their family ancestry and links with the Barries, so if you scroll down the "J M Barrie" sub-section in the forum, you can read posts and questions about his genealogy, and possibly contact them via their emails.

I hope this helps. If I think of other sources, I'll post an update.

windara:
Thank you for the information.  :) I apologise for not being more aware of this site's purpose. I will certainly follow your suggestions. Hopefully, I can find some answers through them.

Regards

Brutus:
No problem, and no apology necessary! Good luck with your research.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version