Author Topic: Peter Pan's NeverWorld  (Read 45421 times)

Peter Pan

Re: Peter Pan's NeverWorld
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2009, 06:25:27 AM »
You can't even just live off the land if you wanted to. Someone owns every frigging piece of land on the planet and will expect some kind of compensation for letting you live there.

AlexanderDavid

« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2009, 06:32:48 AM »
Oops, said my thing in the quote--sorry about that, I corrected my post....

But that's my whole point, it isn't inherently that way, and so it SHOULDN'T be that way.

TheWendybird

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Girl Who Waited
« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2009, 07:39:25 AM »

But that's my whole point, it isn't inherently that way, and so it SHOULDN'T be that way.

Agreed..this has bugged me for MANY years..since I was in my teens I always had this wish to escape everything if i wanted to....learn to grow my old food....learn to build..go in the middle of no where...make a life for myself so no one could "own" me. I don't think it exists.

AlexanderDavid

« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2009, 07:43:48 AM »

Agreed..this has bugged me for MANY years..since I was in my teens I always had this wish to escape everything if i wanted to....learn to grow my old food....learn to build..go in the middle of no where...make a life for myself so no one could "own" me. I don't think it exists.

I went beyond that--I've wanted for a long time to just be a disembodied spirit, drinking nothing but knowledge from the universal fountain and creating imaginative works based on that, and not really doing anything that would require a corporeal body, like eating, sleeping, or socializing....

Heck, even when I was little I felt less like I was "me" than that I was PRETENDING to be "me"--that makes it very easy to identify with Peter Pan....

Peter Pan

« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2009, 07:52:04 AM »
I went beyond that--I've wanted for a long time to just be a disembodied spirit, drinking nothing but knowledge from the universal fountain and creating imaginative works based on that, and not really doing anything that would require a corporeal body, like eating, sleeping, or socializing....

Heck, even when I was little I felt less like I was "me" than that I was PRETENDING to be "me"--that makes it very easy to identify with Peter Pan....

I don't mind socializing... when it's with people I WANT to socialize with. But on many occasions I've become incredibly frustrated with sleep and food, like its a big inconvenience and a waste of time, taking away from something I'd rather be doing.

AlexanderDavid

« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2009, 08:25:34 AM »

I don't mind socializing... when it's with people I WANT to socialize with. But on many occasions I've become incredibly frustrated with sleep and food, like its a big inconvenience and a waste of time, taking away from something I'd rather be doing.

Exactly.  Why should I have to nourish a body I don't even recognize as "me"?  I don't think of my reflection or my voice when I think of "me" anyway.  I barely even have a concept of "me" at all....

TheWendybird

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Girl Who Waited
« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2009, 10:45:41 AM »
I think me is the soul...we're all just visiting :D These bodies are like those stickers they give you at events so they know you belong lol

AlexanderDavid

« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2009, 04:24:33 PM »
I think me is the soul...we're all just visiting :D These bodies are like those stickers they give you at events so they know you belong lol

HAHAHA, I hate those....  :P

TheWendybird

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Girl Who Waited
« Reply #68 on: September 26, 2009, 03:16:25 AM »

HAHAHA, I hate those....  :P

yeah they're stupid hehe

The Never Fairy

« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2009, 06:07:31 PM »
Hi.  I know the author, Peter Von Brown.  I'd like to post a response to this statement:

"I suspect any reviews would have been posted by friends of the author, and not by professional book reviewers or critics."

Half right.  They're not professional book reviewers or critics, no.  But neither are they friends of the author.  Well, at least not in the true sense.  They might be "friends" now... but only in the sense of having become fans of the book.  They're "real" reviews.

And as for Von Brown not being published in the traditional sense, he almost had been - if not for the complex copyright issues at the time.  Even an agent with some connections to GOSH couldn't break through.  Eventually, after trying again when he could, Von Brown opted this route to ensure it getting out there, so to speak.

And he's not CURRENTLY working on Peter Pan: Betwixt-and-Between - but he has begun it.  It moved to a back-burner during the "commotion."

The paperback IS on its way... and yes, it will be cheaper.  Like $16 (USD)

Enjoy.   ;)