Author Topic: GOSH  (Read 4602 times)

KendallH

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
GOSH
« on: September 24, 2007, 02:45:56 AM »
Wow, Amazing site. I was born in 1986 (Im sure I just made alot of you feel very old) and I can't imagine the world without the internet! This site will surely be very helpful in my pursuit of information though I have only begun to scratch the surface tonight. Andrew and the crew of this site, thanks so much for all your hard work!

I am a nursing student  and hoping to work at GOSH this summer if all my cards fall in the right place and im also hoping to do some research on Barrie. I was curious if anyone new any particulars regarding Barrie's relationship with the hospital prior to his death? did he often vist the children of the hospital or of any orphanages? Did he have any stipulation as to how the money was to be spent? I believe I read on the GOSH website that no one knows how much has actually been generated from his copywrite) but what an interesting thing to know.

Andrew I am really thankful that your work has also gone to the hospital, thanks for being so selfless. We can all learn alot from that kind of philanthropy  As for the other more recent female biographer I agree with your statements, the money belongs to the kids!

andrew

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Re: GOSH
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 08:58:45 PM »
Well all praise & courage to you in your nursing career, especially working with sick children. Barrie's first involvement with a children's hospital was at Bettancourt in France, run by his friend Elizabeth Lucas during the Great War (there's an account of it in my book on p248). His dealings with the hospital are more mysterious, so if you do find yourself working there, ferret out all you can and share it with the rest of us!