Author Topic: My book 'I Believe in Peter Pan'.  (Read 10307 times)

paddythewriter

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
My book 'I Believe in Peter Pan'.
« on: July 14, 2016, 08:31:19 AM »
Hi,
I thought that I would mention that my book, 'I Believe in Peter Pan' is now available in Kindle and Paperback on all Amazon sites. It is a fantasy about the Llewellyn Davies brothers and JMB and is set at Stanway House. Half of the royalties are donated to GOSH and the 'Meningitis Now' charity.
I have published some extracts from Nico's letters to me and also two photographs that GOSH very kindly sent to me. One of the letters is particularly interesting as Nico is writing about Michael's death only a few months before his own death.
I have listed the web address of this site at the back of the book.
With Best Regards
PJ Cormack

Dani1923

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Re: My book 'I Believe in Peter Pan'.
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 12:30:26 AM »
Mr. Cormack,
I read an excerpt on Google Books of I Believe in Peter Pan, and I'm already in love with this story and want to know what happens next! I could only read to the part when Marcus just met George after he met JMB. Hopefully I can read the whole book soon and tell you what I think! If you mind my saying so, so far you seem to have a little bit of JMB in you!

paddythewriter

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 06:09:08 PM »
Thank you so much for your very kind words, they are so much appreciated.
The full book, in Paperback and Kindle editions, is available at https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=I+Believe+in+Peter+Pan
Both editions are available on all Amazon sites throughout the world.
'I Believe in Peter Pan' was an incredibly rewarding book to write and I also felt that I was repaying Nico for his patience and kindness to me all those years ago.
Jack was the hardest one of the brothers to write about, in the end I had to rely on my own experiences at boarding school to try to come close to him. Even to this day I always eat every part of an apple (even the core) and you'll need to read the book to understand why!!!
I wish I could have met JMB.
With Kind Regards
PJ

Dani1923

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 04:49:08 AM »
Dear Mr. Cormack (or PJ)

Thank you so much for responding! I really do hope I get to read the whole book soon! I really wish I could have met JMB too! But I probably admire him a little differently than you do. I of course admire him for his writing style and the sensitivity and heart he puts in his writings, especially when he writes about The Five, especially George and Michael. But he's also one of the people I think of as a father figure, since I don't have a great relationship with my own dad. The way he tells stories, his sense of fun and games, and his occasional bouts of sensitivity, is the image of a perfect father in my mind.
I'm telling you this because I know you won't think I'm weird for thinking this! As you have written this book and are on this site, you clearly share my passion for JMB! People should know the REAL JMB! Not Finding Neverland (cough cough)! The real story is much more entertaining and heartbreaking and most of all true!
I can't wait to read how much more you incorporate the real story with your fiction! So far you've done an amazing job at bringing the real JMB "back to life"! The mustache story definitely seemed like a story JMB could have told to an unsuspecting young child!
Also so far I loved how you kind of incorporated The Lost Boys movie into it with the eyebrows scene!
Sorry this comment is so long! I hope I didn't bore you!

Most Sincerely,
Dani 

paddythewriter

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2016, 05:19:30 PM »
Dear Dani,
Once again thank you so much and please call me PJ.
I agree people should know the real JMB and this was one of the reasons that I wrote 'I Believe in Peter Pan'. If you have read my 'Author's Notes' you will know that back in the 1980's I did speak with a number of 'upper aged' men who had been gardener's boys etc at the time that JMB visited Stanway. Without exception all of these 'elderly boys' spoke of what fun and a great character JMB was. They painted a very different picture of JMB to the brooding dour man that he is so often portrayed as.
Kind Regards
PJ

Dani1923

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2016, 05:42:40 PM »
Dear PJ,

That is so interesting! How long did u research for the book? And do u still have the letters Nico gave you? And if it is not too much trouble, maybe you can post some of them on the site, I'm sure there are quite a few people on this site who would love to read them!

Most sincerely,
Dani

paddythewriter

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2016, 09:02:20 AM »
Hi Dani,
I do still have the letters that Nico was kind enough to write to me but they are quite personal, perhaps I might put them up one day but not just now.
I started researching 'I Believe in Peter Pan' way back in the 1980's and kept coming back to it as the years rolled by. I have an awful lot of notes etc from those times but many of them are 'people specific' and it feels wrong to publish them even though most, if not all of them, have passed.
I do have a copy of an unpublished 'Potted Pantomime' that JMB wrote for the children of Stanway. It is full of JMB's hand written production notes and I think this would be of interest to the members here. There might also be one or two photos that I can put up here so I will have a look through them.
With Kind Regards
PJ

Dani1923

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2016, 12:25:36 AM »
 Dear PJ,
 That's amazing that you got to talk to Nico, who of course loved JMB as much as JMB loved him! And I totally understand that you don't want to post things that are too personal to you and others. And that would be awesome if you posted the pantomime and the photos on the forum!
 It's also incredible how much time and dedication you took on one book! Hopefully I get to read the whole book in a couple of weeks!

With great admiration,
Dani

Dani1923

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2016, 06:48:38 PM »
Dear PJ,
I just added a new topic on the JM Barrie section of the forum about answering the questions to JM Barrie's Querist Album and confession book, and I hoped that you might share your answers to the questions! And hopefully other members will think this is fun! You can answer as many questions as you feel comfortable with! I gave my answers to the questions to start it off!

With admiration and friendship,
Dani

Dani1923

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2016, 10:39:37 PM »
Dear PJ,

I know you are a very busy man, but if it's not too much trouble, could you please answer the Confession Book discussion on this forum. I would really appreciate it. No one else has responded, so i think if one person does it, other people might! I just think it would be a fun thing to do for members of this forum!

Dani

Dani1923

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2016, 01:23:20 PM »
Dear PJ,

I thought of yet another question. Since you wrote to Nico in 1980s, did u ask him what he thought of The Lost Boys movie and book?

paddythewriter

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2016, 08:39:06 AM »
Hi Dani,
No - I never asked him about the book and TV series but he always spoke most highly about Andrew Birkin so I'm sure that he was very pleased with both of them. He did tell me that he thought that Andrew Birkin knew more about the Llewelyn Davies family than he did.
I did have a look at your other post, I have friends over from the UK at the moment but I'll have a go at it when they go home in a few weeks time.
Kind Regards
PJ

Dani1923

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2016, 09:29:57 PM »
Dear PJ,

Thank you for your response! And oh ok, and Nico is right, Andrew did know more about his family in a way! Nico was so young when all of these events, especially most of the tragic ones, were happening around him! And thank you for reading my other post! I can't wait to read your answers!

Dani

Dani1923

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2016, 09:38:09 PM »
Dear PJ,

Thank you so much for answering the questions! I thought some of your answers were very funny! Mistletoe over your grave and a great place to flirt is anywhere your parents aren't! So true! Lol! Also thank you for agreeing with me on some answers, I really appreciated it! Also interesting that you signed it William Shakespeare instead of your own name, like George LD with Santa Claus! Lol!

Your friend,
Dani

Dani1923

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2016, 02:45:24 AM »
Sorry it took me SO long to post this, but as promised, I want to tell you what I think of your book! I've actually only read some of the parts cause I was too excited to wait for it! I love the interactions between Marcus and Barrie! I've read these parts multiple times I loved them so much! And I have to ask, was your boarding school experience really like Jack's and that's why you even ate the the core of the apple? Also I read the Nico letters and I find it very surprising that Nico didn't even know about Michael's nightmares and even sleepwalking! Nico must have been a very deep sleeper!