Author Topic: Peter Pan and Wendy Featurette  (Read 1110 times)

Dani1923

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Peter Pan and Wendy Featurette
« on: April 14, 2023, 04:11:52 PM »
Disney just dropped a featurette for the film Peter Pan and Wendy and it includes scenes that are not seen in the trailers, shots of behind the scenes stuff and interviews with the cast and the director David Lowery.

https://youtu.be/r_wwamyl4w4

andrew

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Re: Peter Pan and Wendy Featurette
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2023, 05:16:15 PM »
Thanks so much Dani for keeping us posted. I ain't holding my breath, but will reserve judgement for when I've seen it ...

Dani1923

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2023, 06:45:50 PM »
No problem Andrew! Thank you so much for replying!
I will also be doing my own review of the movie after it comes out (actually I’ll be doing multiple reviews based on first impressions after seeing the movie once and then more reviews after multiple viewings), but I look forward very much for your thoughts on the movie!
I am actually about to post some thoughts that I had watching the featurette. Please feel free to read them if you like!
Much love to you Andrew and I hope you have a great day!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2023, 06:50:36 PM by Dani1923 »

Dani1923

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2023, 06:46:32 PM »
Here’s some notes I have about the featurette:

* Skull Rock actually looks freaking cool!
* The home of Peter Pan and the Lost Boys and Lost Girls may not be under ground, I’m still not sure, but that looks great too!
* There’s a part where Hook is on a boat headed to Skull Rock and it looks like he’s doing the pose that George Washington does in the famous painting “Washington Crossing the Delaware” by Emanuel Leutze. That’s kind of clever except Washington was obviously an American and Hook is a proud Brit! But David Lowery is American, so I guess that’s why that reference is there.
* Wendy and the Lost Boys and Girls sitting together is great and looks sweet! I wonder if this is the scene where Wendy is telling them about mothers similar to the animated film except it won’t be a song, or is she basically re-telling her story like in the play and book, or is she telling them a completely different story? We’ll see!
* The Jolly Roger looks like it’s going to be in the air a lot towards the end. I’m don’t know why the filmmakers decided to do that. I wish left the the ship flying until when Peter takes the Darling children and the Lost Children back to London. To me, it would make the ship flying more special to see if they let it happen at that point, but I guess that’s not a huge deal I guess.
* I haven’t mentioned this in a while, mostly because I keep forgetting about it, but this movie is supposed to  show a backstory about how Peter and Hook became enemies and how they were once friends. Not sure how that will be handled…but we’ll see…

andrew

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2023, 09:37:25 PM »
I really look forward to reading your review Dani - not because I'll agree with it, in fact I suspect our opinions will be poles apart, but I realise I'm a jaded old cynic and that your heart is probably closer to Barrie's than mine. It's just our cultural sensibilities that get in the way ...

Dani1923

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2023, 12:02:28 AM »
Don’t sell yourself short Andrew!
To paraphrase a line you wrote for The Lost Boys, (and please forgive me for doing so!) you may be old, but you’re still one of us! Your heart is closer to Barrie’s than anyone else’s!
Even though we might have different opinions on this film, I still look forward so much for your thoughts on it just the same!
❤️