Author Topic: My Peter Pan Stage Adaptation  (Read 1198 times)

Dani1923

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
My Peter Pan Stage Adaptation
« on: May 12, 2023, 12:11:43 PM »
I’ve started writing my first draft script for my own stage adaptation of Peter Pan!
So far I’ve written five scenes and I’m starting on the sixth scene, which will be the last scene of Act One.
If you anyone would like me to send them what I’ve written so far, please let me know! I really would to like get feedback from people on this forum! I’m not only making this adaptation to satisfy me, but also my fellow Pan Fans!
To give you a bit of a hint of what I’m going for in this adaptation, you can read my review I did on Andrew’s Peter Pan 1989 film script, and I’ve used a lot of the suggestions that I made on that.
I would say, in my script, half of the dialogue is mine, and half is Barrie’s. Some of it is little Easter Eggs that are a nod to Peter Pan films or films related to Peter Pan, like The Lost Boys.
I will update you on my progress on this play as time goes on!
I would like to have it performed and even direct the show myself, and have the play published.
This play will be meant for community theatres.

JCSalomon

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Re: My Peter Pan Stage Adaptation
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2023, 08:04:15 PM »
you can read my review I did on Andrew's Peter Pan 1989 film script

I'm looking through your post history, but I'm not seeing this review.  Could you please post a link, or at least the post subject line?

Edit: Found it: https://www.jmbarrie.co.uk/msgbrd/index.php?topic=2705.0
« Last Edit: December 27, 2023, 08:28:52 PM by JCSalomon »