Author Topic: Pictures for Database  (Read 5459 times)

Dani1923

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Pictures for Database
« on: September 04, 2020, 10:15:33 PM »

I recently got some books that are connected to JMB, and I will continue to get more, and I was wondering how I can send pictures of interesting things I find in these books so they can be posted on the database for all to see?

One of them is The Letters of JMB, and there are wonderful letters in the book that everyone should read! Like his letters to one of his godsons Peter Scott, and the letters to Peter’s mother Kathleen.
Also Barrie mentions Michael Davies in various letters, that are not even in Andrew’s book, that I think people would definitely be interested in seeing!
Also I just really recommend you get this book! It’s so great!

Also I got the books The Flying Carpet and The Treasure Ship where Barrie contributed stories basically writing about Michael, but calling the character Neil.
Neil and Tintinnabulum, the story in The Flying Carpet, is mentioned in Andrew’s book a lot, but The Blot on Peter Pan, from The Treasure Ship, isn’t mentioned at all and I didn’t know existed until I read Mackail’s biography, and this story definitely confirms that Neil is meant to be Michael Davies!

So it would be great if these things were on the database for everyone to read!

andrew

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Re: Pictures for Database
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2020, 06:39:27 PM »
You're absolutely right - "The Letters of J M Barrie" are an absolute goldmine of great lines, many of which I lifted and used in my BBC "Lost Boys". We've scanned the whole book and are currently uploading them, letter by letter, into the database, but all of this takes time. If you'd like to help, feel free to email me at laurenticwave@btinternet.com ...