Author Topic: Michael as Peter Pan  (Read 25011 times)

MLD

Michael as Peter Pan
« on: September 16, 2009, 05:10:57 PM »
I was taken back to learn that the photos we often see of Michael dressed as Peter Pan were not the only photos sent to the sculptor.  Barrie took nude photos of Michael as Peter Pan.  I do not remember that in Andrew's book, but have checked sources and this is in print more than once.  The reference is in one of Barie's letters. Michael was I believe 6 at the time those were taken and for me this raises some questions.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 05:13:49 PM by MLD »

andrew

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Re: Michael as Peter Pan
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 10:07:44 PM »
"Barrie took nude photos of Michael as Peter Pan" ...  to the best of my knowledge, this is utter rubbish, and I challenge you to produce hard evidence for such a protentially damaging assertion! "The reference is in one of Barrie's letters" -- which one??
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 10:26:56 PM by Andrew »

MLD

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 10:43:37 PM »
Andrew you are an ASS.  Read Dudgeon's book.   Page 178 I believe.  He quotes Barrie's letter to Silvia. 

And please, just because you don't know does not make someone else wrong.  You are not the only authority on Barrie and Peter Pan.

MLD

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 10:45:28 PM »
Read the book before you make accusations ass! 

Peter Pan

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 10:52:18 PM »
MLD, aren't you the same person who was accusing others of acting too childish? And now you're calling the administrator an ass? You sir, are a grand master of hypocrisy.

You also seem like someone who would make a very tasty crocodile treat.

*kick*
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 11:01:29 PM by Peter Pan »

andrew

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 10:56:26 PM »
You still haven't cited your sources, merely quoted one highly unreliable book that doesn't even pretend to be a biography. And btw, please at least spell Sylvia's name right.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 10:58:02 PM by Andrew »

TheWendybird

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Girl Who Waited
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 10:59:09 PM »
MLD...you are acting really aweful! You should have more respect for others especially Andrew this is his forum! He is only asking you to produce the proof. Any teacher would ask for citations from their students in an essay and I don't consider this any different you can't simply go around spouting stuff without respecting the thought that someone may want to know your sources. I don't think Andrew was being an ass at all. You could have just responded with the answer to his question instead of attacking him! What are you trying to prove?

As for taking nude photos...parents take photos of their children. My mom has photos of me in the bathtub when I was little. Back in the day from what I've understood nude photos were not that unheard of for art purposes. Diaper commercials show baby bottoms all the time on tv does that make the directors of those commercials "in question"? If there was something wrong with it and Barrie wrote Sylvia anything about it I would think it was nothing. Otherwise why would he tell her?

MLD

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2009, 11:05:06 PM »
perhaps.  but the magic word is parents.  Barrie was not Michael's parent and was 6 years old?  It is disturbing and I would like to hear what a professional doctor has to comment. 

And I gave Andrew the source 2 times.  He confesses he hasn't
read the book but can say I make this up.  Andrew needs to read and do research before he comments if he is to play God.
I was extremely upset when i read this page in the book this morning.  What do I get, Andrew accusing me of making it up.  What is that about? 

MLD

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2009, 11:09:01 PM »
Just read Andrew.  Doesn't matter what the book is called.  The quote is there.

TheWendybird

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Girl Who Waited
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2009, 11:13:32 PM »
I guess the thing is...Andrew has a lot of experience talking to Nico and researching Barrie..personally i dare say there is probably hardly another soul besides descendants of the Davies who know as much about Barrie as he does when it comes to being a biographer...I guess all i want to say to you myself on this topic is...it COULD be true...there are many things that we hear about people that COULD be true. But the fact is...are they true? How do we know the author was truthful? Has the letter been proven to be real or a forgery? These are the kinds of things one has to take into account.

TheWendybird

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Girl Who Waited
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2009, 11:15:13 PM »
Could you please quote the authors source? That is what we'd all like to hear. Not the source of what you are saying (which is what you read in the book) but the source of HIS information?

andrew

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2009, 11:16:26 PM »
Dudgeon is not a primary source.

AlexanderDavid

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2009, 11:17:23 PM »
MLD...

*sigh*

Are you TRYING to get yourself banned?  Seriously?  Calling the administrator names and double posting on multiple occasions just so you can continue to do so?

And if it is true that "anyone" can find the info you've been talking about, why can't YOU do it?  You're the one who brought it up.

Peter Pan

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2009, 11:29:47 PM »
(http://www.fragglerockforever.com/misc/epicbattle.jpg)

AlexanderDavid

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2009, 12:03:03 AM »
(http://www.fragglerockforever.com/misc/epicbattle.jpg)

Haha, that was funny!  :D

But I think a more apropos comparison would be MLD as Mr. Darling.  Trying to make others take his medicine when he can't and won't swallow it himself.  ;)