Author Topic: Geraldo slanders Barrie  (Read 27496 times)

MLD

Re: Geraldo slanders Barrie
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2009, 05:59:02 PM »
Because we live in an age of legalities.  Many situations have come to light in the last part of the 20th century and continue on, which were not and are not healthy for children and cause them great damage.  It is unfortunate this was done to them by adults they put trust in.  The world has changed since 1904.   You can no long walk around wearing rose coloured glasses.  Is is healthy for us as adults to try and remain children ourselves?  Peter Pan was given to us as a fantasy not a reality.  Take care that the Wendy Bird does not find herself shot down again by a gang of lost boys.

TheWendybird

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Girl Who Waited
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2009, 06:56:47 PM »
Because we live in an age of legalities.  Many situations have come to light in the last part of the 20th century and continue on, which were not and are not healthy for children and cause them great damage.  It is unfortunate this was done to them by adults they put trust in.  The world has changed since 1904.   You can no long walk around wearing rose coloured glasses.  Is is healthy for us as adults to try and remain children ourselves?  Peter Pan was given to us as a fantasy not a reality.  Take care that the Wendy Bird does not find herself shot down again by a gang of lost boys.

I see nothing wrong with being child-like as long as you don't neglect your responsibilities no. I see nothing wrong with a person who comes home from work and plays old school nintendo or even with my little ponies or barbies. Nothing wrong with that. Who sets this standard? A society who is depressed and run down and living life in the same constant pattern of sleep breakfast work supper cleaning up after supper tv or whatever for all of a few hours then bed and the cycle starts all over again? Sorry I see nothing wrong with cutting against the grain. It's not being completely escapist it's about nurturing the inner child and there is nothing wrong with that. Most people when they talk of the inner child think you must do it in other ways than playing with kids or toys etc..I think it's perfectly fine and I stand by it. Lost boys feel welcome to shoot me down because I have no interest in adulthood by today's definition. Scared since I was a small girl about growing up. Thought for a while in my teens it might be okay but then it began to hit me more and more over time I'd lost myself. I wasn't me anymore. And now I am and I am proud of that. "Seems I'm lost in my reflection, find a star for my direction for the little girl inside who won't just hide. Don't let me see mistakes and lies let me keep my faith in innocent eyes"--Song by Delta Goodrem  The little girl that I am won't hide. Period. I'm not going to let a messed up society dictate to me what is normal or not. I know my responsibilities. I have my own apartment I go to the grocery store etc But I want to be able to play with other kids as well as with toys that I have...either from when I was still little or ones I buy now. I wear Disney fairy and princess bookbags too which I suppose you think is weird as well but ....too bad...I think it's fine so long as I'm not hurting someone else and not neglecting anything.

TheWendybird

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Girl Who Waited
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2009, 05:58:48 AM »
I thought i'd add for the record: I was like this LONG before i ever knew much about Peter Pan...i knew the disney version when i was really small but it's not what popped into my head ironically all these years. I've always known I didn't want to grow up ...in fact a lot like Wendy in the novel...i related to that very much when I read it....I knew younger than 5 years old somehow that I didn't want to grow up....as my teen years got closer i got even more scared. Now I realize I don't need to be scared. I can just be me...which is...a big kid. So i thought I'd point this out in case you thought I was a Pan fanatic who has gone too far. This story is very much a part of my being at it's core which is why I love it so so much...that among the umpteen other reasons it's a great story.

MLD

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2009, 08:35:05 PM »
"Lost boys feel welcome to shoot me down because I have no interest in adulthood by today's definition."

wendybird.  Do you really believe what you wrote?  You flood this forum with your opinions, most of which are very immature for lack of a better word.  If you chose not to join adulthood, perhaps you should seek professional help and not this forum. 
Attack me if you must.  I have read your other attacks.  Before you do please stand back and look in the mirror and read through some of the things you have posted here. 

TheWendybird

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Girl Who Waited
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2009, 08:42:35 PM »
"Lost boys feel welcome to shoot me down because I have no interest in adulthood by today's definition."

wendybird.  Do you really believe what you wrote?  You flood this forum with your opinions, most of which are very immature for lack of a better word.  If you chose not to join adulthood, perhaps you should seek professional help and not this forum. 
Attack me if you must.  I have read your other attacks.  Before you do please stand back and look in the mirror and read through some of the things you have posted here. 

ummmmm and what did I post here? I've given opinions of mine about society in general I have not attacked anyone..unless of course you feel attacked but I felt I should be allowed to share my opinion that growing up is not a necessity. It makes me angry that other people are forcing people into molds set by society that are not needed. There is nothing wrong with playing with kids or toys if you are a responsible person in every other way. I'd like to know who I attacked..no one has ever come down on me for it. The only other thread I can think of is the Michael Jackson thread and I am with the umpteen other people on there including Andrew on the Michael Jackson opinions..so that wasn't just me. So don't go coming on here and telling me that I am immature and attacking people. If anything you have come here and completely disregarded someone's personal lifestyle choice. One that is not harmful and I know many people who are even TEACHERS and still do things that I do. There is nothing wrong with being a child at heart. And I do think it's just as prejudiced to come down on someone for a lifestyle choice like this as it is for someone to put down someone else for any other way they'd like to live. Do you not understand that Barrie himself was a big kid? Or are you one of the many psychologists out there who find him interesting because you think he was made crazy by a sad childhood? I prefer to think he was a sweet man who might have not had the happiest of childhoods but I don't think that meant something was wrong with him as an adult for doing the things he did. For the record I'm not attacking you I'm asking you. Because if anything I've felt attacked. I didn't come to this forum for help I came to discuss a man I relate to and a story I relate to. If I have done something wrong I'll wait and see if Andrew tells me so. But I don't see it. Let other people speak for themselves because no one has told me that they felt that way and I certainly have never made it personal except for someone judging Michael Jackson on lack of evidence. Though that even was not meant personally. Just playing devils advocate on the facts vs the gossip. As Andrew posted in this thread: http://www.jmbarrie.co.uk/msgbrd/index.php?topic=180.msg602#msg602

Immaturity and not growing up are completely different things. I'm not growing up. I have a father (ironically who's name is George) who is more immature than I am and he's 20 years older. I don't think I've handled most things on this forum badly at all. I'm free to come here and talk about something that was a major part of James Barrie...child-likeness. If I relate to that I should be free to give my opinions just as well as you are. If you post an opinion I am free to give my opinion of it. It's not an attack on you...it's on the labels and automatic view society takes of people who hang around children. There are people out there who are simply big kids and want to be around kids...that's a fact. Not to be blunt or anything but...you have to learn to deal with that just like i know there ARE pedophiles out there. But what I'd like to see from society is to acknowledge that the harmless big kids are out there as well. And not everyone who is like that is "crazy" or "immature" for being child-like.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 09:09:27 PM by TheWendybird »

MLD

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2009, 10:27:24 PM »
 Childish is the word I was trying not to use. You posts are generally childish and there is a great difference between child like and childish.  There is nothing wrong with being a child at heart, unless that itself becomes an obsession. 

Taylor

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2009, 10:30:24 PM »
I swore i was not going to post again, but I must just this once more.
BRAVO, MLD

MLD

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2009, 10:40:48 PM »
I don't mean to be rude, but I read wendybird on a post and immediately know the post will be entirely about her or her opinions.  Like a self centred spoiled child who assumes they know everything. 

TheWendybird

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Girl Who Waited
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2009, 10:54:18 PM »
Yup okay then...so because I speak on topics from what I know...like peoples paranoia on children hanging around adults...I'm spoiled and selfish? So sorry that I've had experiences I can bring to the discussion all things considered. I think I will let someone else handle this from this point on. This is below me. I'm not a stuck up person but that is one thing I do know. I came to these discussions as someone who understands someone like J.M. Barrie and the frustrations involved in people thinking something that is not the case. I don't understand why people can't be left alone for being child-like. It's a horrible thing to do to people out there and all I know is I've had experiences that I know I can share. If that is not appreciated by people then I'll just leave myself. But personally...and I'm not making any accusations here....but I do wonder why it is that MLD conveniently shows up out of the blue a few days ago and conveniently Taylor is a big fan of the real MLD...yes very interesting indeed. I'm going to let a moderator handle this...this is not my responsibility. I felt I had a point of view that might help others understand people like Barrie and Michael Jackson and the like a little better. Apparently, at least for a couple, having their pre-conceived notions challenged is too much. Like I said, i speak from experience. That is why I bring it up. This is up to the moderator (s) from now on.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 11:08:14 PM by TheWendybird »

MLD

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2009, 11:31:51 PM »
Are you accusing me of pretending to be someone else?  My you are childish.   Experience?  You have told us that you are an adult who does not what to be a part of the adult world in the year 2009.  That says it all.  Please just voice you opinions on the subject at hand and not on us poersonally.  And plese keep them short.

Peter Pan

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2009, 11:40:04 PM »
Please just voice you opinions on the subject at hand and not on us poersonally.

Use no personal attacks? So she should follow your example, right? Since you're the mature adult in the group? Oh... wait...

I don't mean to be rude, but I read wendybird on a post and immediately know the post will be entirely about her or her opinions.  Like a self centred spoiled child who assumes they know everything. 

I guess not.

--> Wendy, don't feed the trolls.

MLD, if you're going to go around dissing people for having JMBesque beliefs on a JMB forum, why are you even here?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 12:04:48 AM by Peter Pan »

andrew

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2009, 08:21:20 PM »
This forum is big enough for all opinions, sexism and racism apart, so feel free to fly on, Wendybird - but don't get upset if MLD tries to bring you down to earth with a few arrows...

TheWendybird

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Girl Who Waited
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2009, 02:11:25 AM »
This forum is big enough for all opinions, sexism and racism apart, so feel free to fly on, Wendybird - but don't get upset if MLD tries to bring you down to earth with a few arrows...

Yeah i'll just have to do a couple cool maneuvers to avoid those haha Thanks Andrew!

MLD

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2009, 05:02:02 PM »
Wendybird.  When you speak of PeterPan and Neverland are you refering to the play or films? The Peter Pan of the novel is very different from the play. He is not actualy the hero.
and Andrew I am not trying to shot anyone down.

AlexanderDavid

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2009, 06:06:50 PM »
The Peter Pan of the novel is very different from the play. He is not actualy the hero.

That's different from the play?  How?  ???