Author Topic: New Forum  (Read 33907 times)

Dafydd

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
New Forum
« on: January 06, 2007, 02:07:55 AM »
I've setup a new forum in the attempt to stop all this spam. I have also pruned many users who were inactive or had not posted anything.

I need to work on the theme, let me know if its problem for some of you, I will upload some new themes asap.

Dafydd

Renata

Re: New Forum
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 12:43:56 PM »
Dear Dafydd,

I am a newbie and I posted my first message a few days ago when the forum had its old design. The background was white so I thought that blue characters would look nice but now, on the dark grey background, they are almost unreadable. Unfortunately I can't figure out how I can edit the message.

The other problem I have is too wide pages of the new forum.  My notebook has rather a big screen (15") but I still have to jump right and left if I want to read the text.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 02:44:26 PM by Renata »

Renata

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 01:26:40 PM »
It seems that the button Modify works after all! I managed to change the color of the characters. But why is it impossible to replace the asterisks in my post for the proper characters? I would like to see "passage"  instead of "*age" and "with a bass" instead of "with a *".

Renata

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 01:36:22 PM »
Oh, dear, dear! It seems that the combination "P/B and A and S and S" is being replaced by asterisks automatically!

Dafydd

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 05:06:56 PM »
Hello there,

I've changed the theme and removed the problem with *. I've also removed the ranking system so that everyone is now a Member.

I've also changed your post and quoted all the colored text, I hope you dont mind, but I think this makes it clearer.

Let me know how it goes for you.

Dafydd
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 05:15:45 PM by Dafydd »

Renata

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 07:05:30 PM »
Oh, Dafydd! It's just wonderful! Thank you very much for editing my posts. And I think that the light background makes the screen much easier (and merrier!) to view.

mariatatar

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2009, 12:14:04 PM »
Hello: One last try here to find Andrew Birkin's e-mail address or street address.  I'm working on the ANNOTATED PETER PAN for W.W. Norton and will be traveling in the spring to various sites to collect material. 
Thanks for any help you can offer, Maria Tatar

andrew

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2009, 02:46:19 PM »
My email is laurenticwave@btinternet.com

andrew

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2010, 07:02:21 PM »
These sort of postings always sound a bit iffy to me! "share new ideas that could help this site" - like what?