Author Topic: 100th Anniversary of Michael Llewelyn Davies and Rupert Buxton’s Death  (Read 2935 times)

Dani1923

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
It’s May 20th in England now, but where I live it’s still May 19th, which means it’s still technically the 100th Anniversary of Michael and Rupert’s death, so I want to honor them.

We’ll never know what these men would have became, but I have a feeling they would have been great poets and students would be studying their poems today, and Michael would have been a great artist also.

RIP Michael and Rupert

andrew

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Thanks for remembering ...

mb0521

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
I went to Sandford Lock on Wednesday 19th to lay some flowers for Rupert and Michael. Also put flowers on his grave in Hampstead. There was another bunch of flowers on the grave. Glad somebody else remembered too!

Brutus

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
That's lovely to hear! It's good to know he's not forgotten. Thanks for that.

Dani1923

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
mb0521- Awesome that you did that!

Brutus- I don’t think Michael nor Rupert will ever truly be forgotten, especially with Pan Fans like us in the world!

E.N

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
I visited Michael's grave (and his grandfather's and family grave, pretty much all places related to them in and around London) two days ago. The graveyard was overgrown, but there was a trampled path to his grave and the family grave. Someone had left a bouquet of roses on the family grave. There were also wild flowers placed on top of Michael's grave. I read in another post that Nico's daughter had intended to have his name added to it but it hadn't been.

Dani1923

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
That’s so cool that you visited the graves!
RIP Michael and Rupert! ❤️