Author Topic: Finding Neverland  (Read 14617 times)

tcarroll

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Re: Finding Neverland
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2010, 07:56:57 PM »
I can tell you hated the movie, but I think Johnny Depp simply played Mr. Barrie the way he was written in the screenplay. I never thought about the cruelty you speak of or the very complex personality he had, I was just fascinated by the storyline as I was unaware at the time of all the other parts of the story. Since reading Andrew's wonderful book, and watching TLB mini series several times, I can see the story was very, very incomplete.  But, at the same time, it sparked my interest and for that I am thankful.  I have learned so much since digging a little deeper. 

TheWendybird

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Girl Who Waited
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2010, 08:30:19 PM »
I'm not sure if I'm forgetting something here but cruel? I mean I know selfish at times yes but I can't remember anything particularly cruel? Not saying he wasn't but I feel like maybe I'm forgetting something here?

tcarroll

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2010, 05:40:09 PM »
I don't personally feel cruelty was part of Mr. Barrie's character either.  Like you say, maybe a little selfish at times and a little unfeeling where Mary was concerned, but not cruel.  I think he had a heart of gold.