Author Topic: “The Lost Boys” Miniseries’ 45th Anniversary!  (Read 981 times)

Dani1923

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
“The Lost Boys” Miniseries’ 45th Anniversary!
« on: October 10, 2023, 11:29:11 PM »
It’s still October 10th here in the United States, but in England, it’s October 11th, which means 45 years ago to the day, “The Lost Boys” miniseries first premiered on television!
In honor of today, I just want to say thank you to Andrew for making this series possible! This series means a lot to me and to many other people on this forum! Your research and dedication to Barrie and the five Llewelyn Davies boys was very much worth it and your wonderful talents as a writer shone through in spades with your beautiful script!
I also want to mention those who have sadly passed away who had a major contribution to the series:

Rodney Bennett (Director)

Louis Marks (Producer)

Dudley Simpson (Composer)

Tim Pigott-Smith (Arthur Llewelyn Davies)

Anna Cropper (Mary Hodgson)

William Hootkins (Charles Frohman)

Christopher Blake (oldest George Llewelyn Davies)

And last, but not least,

Ian Holm (J.M. Barrie)

Happy 45th!

andrew

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Re: “The Lost Boys” Miniseries’ 45th Anniversary!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2023, 07:25:24 AM »
That’s a very kind thought, thank you! I am actually in Malawi, working with our charity, Anno’s Africa. About to take a dip in the vast Lake Malawi, rumoured to harbour crocodiles, so I might shortly be joining that ever-lengthening list of those who have shuffled off this mortal coil… 

Dani1923

• Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Re: “The Lost Boys” Miniseries’ 45th Anniversary!
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2023, 01:09:57 PM »
Thank you for your reply Andrew! Much love to you! ❤️
Perhaps if you’re lucky, a crocodile in the lake may have swallowed a clock, then you will be able to hear the tick and bolt! 😉